This page keeps the information of the FUV STEM Faculty reading group during the current term. For a full record, please go to this following github page.
We meet on Mondays, 4pm-5pm.
We will follow the outline from Caltech’s John Preskill. Preskill has links to other notes that might be useful as well.
Other useful resources:
- Preskill’s Video Lectures
- UC Berkeley Vazirani’s class
- Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists by Yanofsky and Mannucci
- Quantum computing lecture notes by Ronald de Wolf
- Sept 26: Truong-Son Van, Introduction and basics, slides
- Oct 3: No meeting
- Oct 10: Truong-Son Van, Basics (cont.)
- Oct 17: Truong-Son Van, Qubits
- Oct 24: Minh Doan, Physical intepretation
- Oct 31: No meeting
- Nov 7: Mid-term break
- Nov 14: Minh Doan, quantum circuit